Project 1 : Christmas Tray of Goodies
Description : Holiday corporate give away
Size : Various Sizes
Challenges : 1. Must be elegant while practical
2. Limited options for Christmas ornaments in the UAE – store-bought is just too expensive
Materials used :
· Trays in various sizes, gold or silver in colour
· Christmas colour fabric ribbons – at least 2 colours as per your colour motif, 6 - 7cm in width, length will vary depending on your bow style
· Red and gold Christmas balls – in various sizes and pine cones
· Glue gun
· Silver or gold soft metallic wrapper
· Double sided tape
· Craft wire or any similar soft wire
Procedure (and practical tips):
· Make large bows from the ribbons. Use craft wires to secure, lock and put together the ribbons and bows. Using craft wires will also help you tie, stretch and style the bows easily. There are various kinds that you can try. Make at least one of gold and red bows and put them together. I find big ribbons more appealing as they give the hampers more character.
· Place accordingly in the corner of the tray and add balls and pine cones using glue gun. Target areas where glues will be hidden. For larger trays, add a few more balls at the opposite corner. Be careful not to overdo your accents though. Also, work on the combination of matte and glossy – make sure they don’t clash.
· Fill the bottom of the tray with soft metallic wrapper as base. Use glue gun to hold it in place. This will fill the space and elevate the chocolates when placed.
· Put double-sided tape to the whole surface where chocolates will be placed. Leave them for a few minutes or what I did, I lightly wiped some parts of the surface with a damp cloth so it will not be too sticky. Chocolates should be lightly adhered only to the base otherwise, wrappers get stuck on the surface – ugly and messy.
· Time to put the chocolates. Group according to size and wrapper, it will be easy on the eyes. I put bigger ones on edges so they can also support those smaller once at the centre. Don’t forget the gift card.