Whoever invented that Snooze mode in the mobile is a genius. Aww poor me, even dragging myself under the shower in the mornings has become a chore.
This is really isn't me… Seriously ummmm, me on totally de-bloated hormonal-rage-free days, which means roughly 7 days in a month. *wink*
But in a workplace where the news about employees benefits and annual vacation are more stressful than your job, these crazy cranks make me sane.
Take a bite and indulge:
· Doing nothing. E.g.: Just stare and stare blankly - on your line of clothes in the clothesline for 3 days and ask if they can't really find their way back into the closet in a neat pile according to their color, classification and length of sleeves. If they can’t, so be it. What’s the pressure for little things if it won’t send you to jail or earn lashes?
· Unsubscribing to some of FB friends' posts and activities. Admit it, there are people in your FB friends list who by turn of events, you’d like deleted from the list but doing so will be rude, immature or will make you feel bitter, blah blah. But, their every minute posts, quotes, mobile uploads, likes, parinig and etc, just waste the space of your homepage. Some you want deleted in your life but that would be too harsh – because the world does not revolve around your selfish whims. Click unsubscribe button. If you’re comfortable enough block him/her, if that blocked friend finds out and asks, just say: ‘Ohhh, I just deactivated my account. Security threat (ala Kate Middleton), you know’.
· To just look and say nothing – to people you are already tired of or people whose opinions and stories don’t matter anymore. Risk looking stupid sometimes than waste your time and emotion.
· Try Arabic food or Indian food even if they are served in wide tin plates and you have to eat by your bare hands. Foreigners also wrinkle their nose to our Dinuguans and laugh at our Champorados. You wouldn’t know food by look or by opinions of others. They are not always as bad as their reputations. If you want to spit out on first bite at least you have first-hand account how bad it was to your taste buds.
· Doing something unplanned. E.g.: Dip in a pool or swim completely unprepared. 1) Getting home with your completely unruly sun-dried hair and eyebrow-less face will be the day you swear you never want to bump into your boyfriend's ex, but we have to shed off the cosmetics once in a while to have real fun or for the inner beauty (or concealed ugliness) to come out. 2) Getting in the bus with your shirt taking the shape of the wet upper undergarment is laughable but laughing with friends and with one another's bra size is double the fun.
· Leaving work exactly on time. And leaving the worries and stress by the office door.
· Doing something just for the pleasure of it - like buying a ring and wearing it while reading a book you also just picked up from the bookstore.